Ladies Myrrh Bearing Society (LMBS)
You did command the myrrh-bearers to rejoice, O Christ!
By Your Resurrection, You did stop the lamentation of Eve, O God!
You did command Your apostles to preach: The Savior is Risen! (Kontakion)
Ladies Myrrh Bearing Society (LMBS) Officers
|Vice President:||Rose Fakhoury|
|Recording Secretary||Tina Hausen|
Contact LMBS Officers.
The Ladies Myrrh Bearing Society strives to support both the spiritual and community needs of Saint George by engaging all the Ladies of the Saint George Parish and meeting the greater community’s needs and maintenance of church traditions. We are guided by the below mission statement and Antiochian Women’s Prayer.
Mission Statement: The Ladies Myrrh Bearing Society espouses the Orthodox Christian faith, promotes the traditions of the St. George community by supporting all Feast Day celebrations, the St. George community needs, and holding fund raisers. In addition, the Ladies Society continue to expand its Humanitarian outreach and activities both within and outside the St. George Community.
Membership: All St. George Ladies are members of the Ladies Myrrh Bearing Society. Voting Members are asked to make a $25 annual contribution.
Activities & Fund raisers: Please feel welcomed to join us and participate in any and all activities.
- LMBS Meetings: Our monthly LMBS business meetings are held the 1st Tuesday of each month, and the Ladies gather each and every Tuesday for a spiritual discussion and get together. Please join us virtually each Tuesday; send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom login information.
- Monthly activities are discussed and planned out at our LMBS Business Meetings.
- Activities range from making and sharing Epiphany (Awaamet and other sweets) Sweets with the St. George Parish;
- Supporting all the Teen SOYO activities and fund raisers;
- Supporting the Sunday School activities;
- Reading the Epistle, ushering and performing all church support functions during March, the Antiochian Women’s Month;
- Preparing and decorating the Church premises for the Feasts of Pascha & Nativity.
- Conduct fundraisers; support every aspect of the Annual Bazaar, a venue where we share our faith & culture with our neighbors, church community and guests.
- Outreach: the LMBS’ goal is “To Serve” and support the needs of the community. Please let us know how we can help and support you and our beloved St. George Community.
Antiochian Women Prayer
In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
O Christ our God, we are all pledged to serve Thee with our whole being. Help us to continue to work for Thee through our Church without seeking praise, without seeking personal gain, without judging others, without a feeling that we have worked hard enough and now must allow ourselves rest. Give us strength to do what is right and help us to go on striving and to remember that activities are not the main thing in life. The most important thing is to have our hearts directed and attuned to Thee.